Monday, February 10, 2014

Shiver Me Timbers....

I heard someone say that Spring is right around the corner, so I walked to the corner and looked around it...Nope...I don't see it anywhere!

I see snow covered mountains, frozen driveways that look more like skating rinks than parking lots, and pom poms on the tops of winter hats, peeking over the crests of the snowbanks that still stand about eye level..

HOWEVER, there is hope for better weather to come. 
I can say this positively, as I look into the workshop and see all of the projects that are scheduled to be delivered by Spring.

Through the window to the shop, from my desk, I can see a pile of heavy timber braces, and another pile of posts and purlins, assorted sizes and stain colors.


                                                              (purlins being installed)

I can hear the crew cutting joinery and hear Dan Kelleher turning beams that are being marked up for cutting.
                                                  (view of mortise and tenon joinery)

With all the buzzing in the shop, and our estimator's desk starting to get full of new projects for bidding, I remain ever so hopeful that everyone is thinking WARM WEATHER....and that Mother Nature will take the hint!

As for now, I will continue to sell timber frames from the frozen tundra, with my electric space heater and the heart of a pirate....and shiver...me timbers!  Aaaaarrrgh......

No comments:

Post a Comment